Skip to main content

Discipline Your Child before they get out of Control By Mel

Why should Good Parents be Discipline to Discipline their Kids?
I can recall during my rebellious teenage years that I side talk my mother with no respect, no communication.  The argument was based on not wanting to clean my room which would have a profound impact on my life later on.  My mother did what I call the 5 step process.
  1. Look at me
  2. Left the room
  3. Came back with the belt
  4. Whoop my tail
  5. Left the room
It’s human nature for children to challenge authority even if rules are strictly applied.   Think about laws, federal regulations and policies to keep our society in order.  You cannot maintain order if you allow chaos to take over.  My chaotic attempts to disobey my mother had dire consequences which planted a seed in my head to follow her guidelines.  From her perspective as a Single mother, she was protecting me from the harsh inner-city environment.  Not only my mother but my late grandmother style of whooping was much more creative.  She would tell me to go out to the backyard, snap a branch, give it a name, and then bring it to her while I await my punishment.  Good old “Brownie the switch” was about to meet my little behind.  Every whooping provided a lesson for me to learn which I now carry to this day forward.  I am more aware of the unwritten rules in society, for example I know how to avoid most situations without resulting to violence.  The argument I mention earlier which pertained to cleaning my room made me a clean cut gentleman.  Usually, every two weeks I get my haircut, I constantly vacuum my floor, Ajax my shower to clear up any bacteria and ironically make up my bed every day before I go to work.  However, the law is ever so changing to the degree that a good tail whooping is categorize as being physical abuse.  These two entities are very different.
  • Whooping primary target was your bottom using soft objects with minimum or no marks.  Physical abuse target can range from anywhere including the face, head, and chest with hard objects leaving hideous scars, concussions or hospitalization.
  • Whooping time span are within minutes then you go off to your room knowing the punishment is over.  Physical abuse is spontaneous and can occur again even if the punishment is over or the authority figure needs to take his/her aggressive out on someone.
  • Whooping provides strict discipline and keeps your child out of trouble.  Physical abuse provides instability and trauma, due to this environment your child may get into trouble from negative influence.
Another reason why children get away with misbehavior is because parents view their child as their friend.  A child who is extremely young is provided with a smart cell phone which I feel is forcing a child to grow up even faster.  Consequences don’t exist when they show a lack of respect, instead they are rewarded for their bad behavior.  This is a constant problem in today’s society where as “Old School” parents understood that they had to bend the tree before it grows sturdy.  Handouts are given on a regular basis with no hard work involve, therefore Little Trey don’t have any appreciation for the good that people do for him.  Little Trey will talk back, get in school suspension and If you even think about whooping his little bottom he will call DCF (Department of Children and Families) on you.  I thank my mother and grandmother for my tail whooping back then…in theory it truly made me a BETTER man today. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Don't Thirst Your Way Into The Rejected Pile By Mel

Men, you have the power to change.  Your standard of living and philosophical mindset based on thirsty behavior is not setting a good example.  Classy women will throw you automatically into the rejected pile if they sense this way of thinking.  What concerns me the most is how brothers market themselves onto the dating scene and the assumption they make when they speak to a beautiful woman.  Money flashers believe it is a walk in the park that they can get any woman they want.  Most thirsty men try to impress women with their financial assets.  They believe this technique will force a woman to throw herself at their feet. When fantasy becomes reality or they get rejected they proclaim that a woman is stuck up which is far from the truth.  To be honest, no sophisticated female wants to be whistle, bark at or grab in an awkward way from a stranger and I do not blame them.  I have a daughter, and I expect men to treat my little princess as a human being when she gets older, not an o

Date Smarter, not Harder By: Mel

Way too many guys pay attention to women based on THEIR attraction level. They will waste their time and hard earned money on a woman who is not attracted to them at all. It's always a better experience to go out with someone who's just as excited and enthusiastic to be with you compared to someone who you have to warm up. You should want to spend time with women who appreciate and value your time. Always pay attention to her action, not what she says. Date smarter, not harder.

BE who you ARE, not who the World wants you to BE By Mel

  Life is full surprises.   When you’re out there in the field you get a sense that all eyes are on you.   That oil to your engine is confidence .   Every ounce in your body engages you to stay well groomed, sell your image, build your vocabulary and practice on your art or goals in life.   That’s a very attractive trait to have and I will tell you why.   The love you put inside yourself shines externally which creates this invisible aura.   It creates offensive projections defined as the way you carry yourself or how you interact with people combine with defensive measures such as keeping your guard up and not allowing people to take advantage of you.   We all have our moments when we navigate in unfamiliar territory.   For example, giving your time and effort to someone who shortchanged you or getting laid off from a promising career just because you challenged the status quo.   Sometimes you feel betrayed but let me share something with you.   To succeed in life you must fa